Aspiring leaders and school administrators can build their professional practice through participation in the SDCOE School Leadership Institutes. These leadership programs are designed based on what San Diego County superintendents say they are looking for in district and school leaders.
Discover Upcoming Leadership Institutes
SDCOE, in collaboration with the nationally recognized University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership (CEL), is pleased to offer 3 full days of professional learning, 5D Instructional Framework and Targeted Feedback for Teacher Growth, coupled with 4 half-day site walkthroughs to apply the content learning. Join us for this powerful professional learning that makes a significant difference to teaching and student learning. Special introductory price: $750 per person. (Lead teachers can be registered to attend the 2-day Targeted Feedback session with their principal for $250 per person. Register today!
SDCOE partnered with the nationally recognized University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership (CEL) to offer the two-day Targeted Feedback Institute.
Habits of Highly Successful Leaders
The Teacher Leadership Academy provides concentrated, high-quality professional learning for established teachers searching for the knowledge and tools to be more effective coaches and team leaders.
Lifting Student Learning Institute
This two-day institute helps principals and their teams develop expertise around the high-leverage instructional strategies that increase student agency and accelerate student achievement.
- Learn more about school improvement.
- Designed for teacher teams, instructional leaders, and administrators
- 2018-2019 training dates coming soon.
This one-day session is great for both new and experienced site principals to learn new ways to leverage every hour of the day, spend more time as an instructional leader, and stop avoiding uncomfortable, but necessary conversations with staff.
- Check back for upcoming dates.
- Features Tressie Armstrong, principal of Kelly Elementary School in Carlsbad Unified School District
- Includes the book Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott
About SDCOE Leadership Institutes
- High-quality, coherent professional learning system for aspiring leaders and current school leaders
- Authentic experiences that develop instructional leadership
- Courses offered in a blended, online learning format
- Grounded in research-based instructional leadership practices and principles
- Informed by leadership needs identified by districts throughout the county