Dr. Jan Richardson
Jan Richardson Ph.D., best-selling author and America’s leading expert in guided reading. She is a former teacher (Kindergarten through college), reading specialist, Reading Recovery® teacher leader, and designer of staff development. She is an education consultant, providing schools across the U.S. and Canada with customized workshops and classroom demonstrations.
here for her complete biography.
The event also features literacy and family engagement specialists, Jenni Brasington and Erin Koning. Click here for Jenni and Erin's biographies.
Explore Strategies to Support Students’ Growth in and Love for Literacy!
Experience two key strands that are critical in supporting student literacy engagement and achievement:
Gain best practice strategies and actionable next steps for:
- Formative assessment practices
- Responsive teaching to support every reader
- Powerful Guided Reading instruction (K-2 and 3-6 sessions)
- Increasing student confidence and independence
- Increasing family engagement
- Building family capacity
- Developing partnerships with families
- Foster the love of reading