The California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (CAHPERD) is a nonprofit group started in 1930 to promote healthful lifestyles though quality education. San Diego Unit 47-412 meets two or three times a year. The meetings are open to the public and to educators who aren't a member of the statewide organization.
2018 San Diego CAHPERD Award Recipients
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year: Kasey Galik (San Dieguito Union High School District). Student accepting award on her behalf in picture below.
- Secondary Physical Education Teacher of the Year: Dennis Gildehaus (Pacific Beach Middle School, San Diego Unified). Pictured below accepting the award.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
Teacher and Program of the Year Applications
Teacher and Program of the Year awards are given out at the unit's end-of-year banquet. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2019. For more information about the awards, contact Paige Metz.
- CAHPERD - Teacher of the Year
- CAHPERD - Elementary Program of the Year
- CAHPERD - Secondary Program of the Year
Join Our Mailing List
Contact Paige Metz to network with other Physical Education Teachers and receive our Health and Physical Education Monthly Updates.
Return to Health and Physical Education