The California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (CAHPERD) is a nonprofit group started in 1930 to promote healthful lifestyles though quality education. San Diego Unit 47-412 meets two or three times a year. The meetings are open to the public and to educators who aren't a member of the statewide organization.
2019 San Diego CAHPERD Award Recipients
New Physical Educator of the Year: Erin Roberts (Escondido Union School District)
Cindi Elrod Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year: Trent Suzuki (Escondido Union School District
- Mary Blackman Secondary Physical Education Program of the Year: Valhalla High School
Administrator of the Year: Paige Metz (Health and Physical Education Coordinator at SDCOE)
- San Diego CAHPERD President: Jason Reisenfelt (Sweetwater Union High School district)
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- Fall Social TBD
- San Diego Social at 2020 CAHPERD State Conference: Details TBD
- End of Year Awards/Social: May 2020
San Diego CAHPERD President
Bailee teaches at Bernardo Heights Middle School in Poway Unified School District. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher and Program of the Year Applications
Teacher and Program of the Year awards are given out at the unit's end-of-year banquet. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2020. For more information about the awards, contact Paige Metz.
- CAHPERD - Teacher of the Year
- CAHPERD - Elementary Program of the Year
- CAHPERD - Secondary Program of the Year
Join Our Mailing List
Contact Paige Metz to network with other Physical Education Teachers and receive our Health and Physical Education Monthly Updates.
Return to Health and Physical Education