The purpose of the Network for Public Charter Schools is to be trusted partners, provide services and support, and share instructional practices that impact student achievement.
Curriculum and Instruction Network for Public Charter Schools Mini-Conference
Increase capacity to successfully implement Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). An "MTSS 101" presentation will be followed by "Teaching and Learning" and "Leadership" breakout sessions that include:
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- MTSS for Special Education
- Systems of Support for English Learners
- Using Data to Inform MTSS
- Creating Systems/Programs to Lead MTSS
The day will culminate with time for teams to collaborate and plan next steps for successful MTSS implementation.
California Dashboard and Accountability for Charter Schools
Join SDCOE Senior Director of Assessment, Accountability, and Evaluation Steve Green to take a look at the California Dashboard through the charter school lens. Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop so that they can access their site's dashboard and data.
Resources from Past Mini-Conferences
- Aug. 1, 2018
- Keynote Speaker: Steve Green, Sr. Director, Assessment, Accountability, and Evaluation. Learning and Leadership Services, SDCOE, " Using the California School Dashboard to Improve Student Learning"
- Jan. 5, 2018
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Brent Duckor, "Deep Equity with Deeper Formative Assessment Practices: Making Moves that Make a Difference in the California Classroom"
- Aug. 11, 2017
- Keynote Speaker: Nicole Assisi, THRIVE Charter School, "Let's Get Personal: Why Personalized Learning Matters More Than Ever"