The vision of the Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) Department is to build capacity and empower educators to provide high-quality, evidence-based instructional and assessment practices which meet the needs of all students.
We support this vision by:
- Designing and facilitating professional learning that engages schools and districts in continuous improvement
- Supporting the development of educator leadership
- Facilitating educator networks across all content areas
- Developing processes for the selection and implementation of high-quality curriculum and instructional resources
- Sharing information between the State of California and individual schools and districts across San Diego County
- Providing direct assistance to county offices of education and individual schools and districts
C&I Leaders Network Weekly Virtual Meetings
Tuesday, March 16, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Connect with Us: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Networks
English Learners and Language
Cultivating Genius Framework
This three-part series will explore Gholdy Muhammad’s Historically Responsive Literacy framework (Identity, Skills, Intellect, and Criticality) and support teachers to design culturally and linguistically responsive grade-span, content-area literacy units and lessons.
Feb. 16, 17, and 24 from 3 to 4 p.m.
Planting the Seeds of Equity in K-2 Classrooms
This two-part series will explore Ruchi Agarwal-Rangnath's book, Planting the Seeds of Equity,and support K-2 teachers to design culturally and linguistically responsive units and lessons.
March 10 and 17, from 3 to 4 p.m.