The vision of the Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) Department is to build capacity and empower educators to provide high-quality, evidence-based instructional and assessment practices which meet the needs of all students.
We support this vision by:
- Designing and facilitating professional learning that engages schools and districts in continuous improvement
- Supporting the development of educator leadership
- Facilitating educator networks across all content areas
- Developing processes for the selection and implementation of high-quality curriculum and instructional resources
- Sharing information between the State of California and individual schools and districts across San Diego County
- Providing direct assistance to county offices of education and individual schools and districts
Sign up to receive our Newsletter here
Summer of Support
Quarterly Sessions: Leading with Excellence Through Equity in Action
Our quarterly meetings address critical social justice and anti-bias education topics. Dig deeper into topics that matter to you and your students. These engaging sessions will help you learn more about school climate, instruction, classroom culture, and family and community engagement — all through the lens of equity. Free
Sept. 28, 2021, Nov. 16, 2021, Feb. 8, 2022, April 5, 2022
1 to 3:30 p.m.
Register here: http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/893-203836
Problem of Practice: From Theory to Action: Developing Personal Agency as an Equity Leader
These professional learning sessions aim to build essential awareness of individuals’ identity, privilege, and situatedness and the structures of power within the classroom, school, and community. Each meeting will explore a problem of practice derived from real-life equity challenges. We will explore equity-based skill sets, including constructivist listening, recognizing dominant discourse, using consultancy or tuning protocols to support equity-oriented instruction, and developing an equity lens and mindset. Cost: $100 per person.
Includes two books:
Oct. 14, Dec. 9, 2021, Feb. 17, March 24, April 28, May 26, 2022
2:30 to 4 p.m.
Register here: http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/893-203837
C&I Leaders Network Meetings
Tuesday, Oct. 26, 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 30, 1-3 p.m.
Connect with Us:
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Networks
English Learners and Language