Most educators already teach the essential skills in one way or another. By emphasizing, modeling and evaluating essential skills, students then have an opportunity to hone their skills and set goals.
Here are a few resources for your work with Essential Skills:
- Essential Skills Teacher Guide & Rubrics
- Includes an overview of ways to use Essential Skills in the classroom, Essential Skills Objectives, Rubrics, Activities, Standards Alignments & More
- Individual Essential Skills Rubrics and Industry Desired Outcomes
- San Diego ePortal
- Academic Rubrics & Videos for each Essential Skill
- Take a look at the "Work-Based Learning" Curriculum for activities supporting Essential Skills.
- SkillsZone Canada
- Includes resources for students, standards based learning activities, as well as a teachers guide and videos.