School counselors have a critical role in our schools, especially now with LCAPs focused on college and career readiness and the important work of equity for our students.
Through SDCOE, you can:
professional learning tailored to your unique needs
with other school counselors
Gain valuable resources for you, your students, and your colleagues by utilizing our Resource Quick Links
Join a cohort of credentialed school counselors who are getting familiar with their new roles.
Counselors working in K-12 schools for three years or less can grow and learn through the year with peer networking, coaching, and direct training that aligns with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behavior Standards in the areas of academic, career, and social and emotional development.
Topics across the six sessions align with Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) state priorities.
In the New School Counselor Leadership Institute, you will:
- Be supported by two SDCOE divisions: Learning and Leadership Services and Student Services and Programs
- Received six full days of professional learning provided by experts in the field and certified trainers
- Gain valuable knowledge in topics that directly affect your daily work with students
- Be equipped to promote mindsets and behaviors that enhance the learning process and create a culture of college and career readiness for all students
- Attend the School Counselor Leadership Conference in February
- Grow with two-hours of individual coaching at your school site
- Oct. 5, 2018
- Nov. 8, 2018
- Dec. 7, 2018
- Feb. 14, 2019
- March 8, 2019
- April 5, 2019
Get updates directly from SDSU and UCSD admissions staff and learn more about the California Promise Program and free tuition to local community colleges for California students. This is your opportunity to get all your CSU and UC questions answered in person.
The highlights day is a local event that fits your needs:
- Designed for high school counselors and administrators and community and college access partners
- Gain valuable insights into admissions, financial aid, and more
- Get the latest on college readiness, access, and education policies
Cost: $25, includes light breakfast and lunch
2019 School Counselor Leadership Conference
Save the date for the 2019 School Counselor Leadership Conference. This year the conference will be on Feb. 14, 2019, at the Handlery Hotel in San Diego. Registration is coming soon. Be sure to check back for updates.
Previous School Counselor Leadership Conference Resources