Join a cohort of credentialed school counselors who are getting familiar with their new roles.
Counselors working in K-12 schools for three years or less can grow and learn through the year with peer networking, coaching, and direct training that aligns with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behavior Standards in the areas of academic, career, and social and emotional development. Topics across the six sessions align with LCAP state priorities.
In the New School Counselor Leadership Institute, you will:
- Be supported by two SDCOE divisions: Learning and Leadership Services and Student Services and Programs
- Receive six full days of professional learning provided by experts in the field and certified trainers
- Gain valuable knowledge in topics that directly affect your daily work with students
- Be equipped to promote mindsets and behaviors that enhance the learning process and create a culture of college and career readiness for all students
- Attend the School Counselor Leadership Conference in February
- Grow with two-hours of individual coaching at your school site
here to register
- Nov. 7, 2019
- Dec. 6, 2019
- Feb. 13, 2020
- March 9, 2020 (School Counselor Conference)
- April 17, 2020
- May 15, 2020
View additional professional learning opportunities for school counselors.
Previous School Counselor Leadership Conference Resources