A change combining three different units will allow the San Diego County Office of Education to function more efficiently and innovatively while providing some new digital services.
The new Digital Solutions Unit combines three Integrated Technology Services units: TechSETS, Graphic Communications, and Ed Tech Productions. The unit will offer all of the services the separate units did before as well as some new ones, such as digital archiving, interactive videos, and virtual e-books.
"We're very excited about this fresh, new direction we're taking," said Emil Ahangarzadeh, who is leading the new unit.
By combining the three units into one, the 13 members of the team will be able to provide an array of digital services and products both internally and to school districts throughout the county.
Digital Solutions develops and provides multiple digital services/resources/products related to education and training, including:
- Digital graphic design
- Digital archiving, retrieval and retention services
- Digital print services
- Bindery products
- Product distribution services
- Video production services
- Web and mobile app development
- Online learning course development
- Website development
- Digital business process and content management services
- Online information technology training
- Event production services
- Instructional design services
- Technology research services
- Virtual and e-Book development services
- Gamification support services
- E-training program development
- Digital transcription services
- Media education/integration professional development services