Updated Oct. 31 at 2:53 p.m.
The safety and security of students, faculty, and staff is of the utmost importance to schools across the county. Because San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) has activated a public safety power shutoff in certain parts of the county, schools in the following school districts will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 31:
- Dehesa School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Julian Union School District
- Mountain Empire Unified School District
- Rancho Santa Fe School District
- Spencer Valley School District
- Vallecitos School District
- Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District
San Pasqual Academy, a school operated by the San Diego County Office of Education in Escondido, is also closed Oct. 31.
Follow the San Diego County Office of Education on Twitter (@SanDiegoCOE) for tweets from various emergency agencies and school districts as well as live updates.
The San Diego County Office of Education will update this page as additional information is available.