COVID-19 has presented unique challenges for schools and educators, and employees across California’s science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) industries are looking to help. Due to the overwhelming demand for this program last spring, Biocom and the San Diego Festival of Science & Engineering have created a faster and easier process for bringing professionals into your classroom (virtually, of course!). To access the STEAM Team, just search a directory of professionals eager to speak to students and connect with them directly to schedule a visit.
Here's what educators can expect from the STEAM professionals:
- They'll join your classroom virtually for 30 minutes: 15 minutes to talk about their companies and their jobs, and 15 minutes for a question and answer session with students
- They'll follow a standard template to talk about their jobs, but may also be able to adjust their comments to fit your curriculum. Educators and students will also receive questions and a worksheet to help inspire the conversation
- They are flexible with virtual meeting platforms—they will adapt to whatever you’re using in your classroom
To sign up:
- Create your classroom profile to get started.
- Once complete, you will be able to connect with professionals to schedule a classroom visit.
- Follow the instructions sent via email once the connection is made.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.