Students have an opportunity to learn more about a variety of careers in public education next week by participating in several online chats.
The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) and Cajon Valley Union School District have collaborated to present nine SDCOE World of Work Week sessions from June 1 to 5.
The online sessions offer a great way for students to explore careers in education and learn about SDCOE as a future employer. Opportunities for students to ask questions will be included in each session.
Sessions will feature the county superintendent of schools and other SDCOE employees sharing information about their unique positions.
The 30-minute sessions are also open to parents and educators and will be held at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
Registration is free. A free Nepris account is required.
SDCOE World of Work Week Schedule
- June 1, 11 a.m. – Meet the San Diego County Superintendent of Schools – Dr. Paul Gothold, county superintendent of schools
- June 1, 3 p.m. – Meet a Leader in Education…My Journey from Teacher's Assistant to Principal to Executive Director – Tracy Thompson, executive director Juvenile Court and Community Schools
- June 2, 11 a.m. – Everyone Needs to Be a Project Manager Sometimes – Reesa Fickett, project manager
- June 2, 3 p.m. – How to Become a Cybersecurity Warrior – Ed Kipp, cybersecurity supervisor
- June 3, 11 a.m. – I Get Data! You Get Data! Everybody Gets Data! – Paul Macias, data analyst
- June 3, 3 p.m. – I Tweet for a Living – Music Watson, chief of staff
- June 4, 11 a.m. – Television Engineering…Something Different Every Day – Alex Brawner, television engineer
- June 4, 3 p.m. – I'm a Building Doctor – Mark Cavassa, senior director of maintenance and operations
- June 5, 11 a.m. – What Does a Data Scientist Do? – Dr. John Watson, data scientist