Last updated Dec. 8 at 5:13 p.m.
The safety and security of students, faculty, and staff is of the utmost importance to schools across the county.
The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) and local school districts will be monitoring fire, winds, and utilities throughout the weekend and make school closure decisions as appropriate. SDCOE will share updates on this website, on Twitter and Facebook, and through local media about which schools -- if any -- will be closed on Monday, Dec. 11.
Due to forecasted high Santa Ana winds and possible power outages, the following school districts were closed on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017:
- Bella Mente Montessori Academy (charter school)
- Bonsall Unified School District
- Carlsbad Unified School District
- Classical Academy and Classical Academy High School (charter schools)
- Coastal Academy (charter school)
- Epiphany Prep: Escondido campus (charter school)
- Escondido Charter High School (charter school)
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Fallbrook Union High School District
- Guajome Park Academy (charter school)
- Heritage K-8 (charter school)
- Julian Union Elementary School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Momentum Learning juvenile court and community schools (operated by SDCOE: Youth Day Center, Breaking Cycles North County, Innovations Academy of Empowerment, North County Technology Academy
- Mountain Empire Unified School District
- North County Academy (SDCOE-operated school)
- North County Trade Tech High School (charter school)
- Oceanside Unified School District
- San Marcos Unified School District
- Scholarship Prep (charter school)
- Spencer Valley School District
- Vista Unified School District
- Warner Unified School District
SDCOE will close the North County Regional Education Center (255 Pico Avenue, San Marcos, CA 92069) at 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 8.
Follow the San Diego County Office of Education on Twitter (@SanDiegoCOE) for tweets from various emergency agencies and school districts as well as live updates.