Our Health is Worth a Shot! challenges San Diego County youth and young adults to raise awareness about the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine through video and visual art. Eligible participants will be organized into three groups: ages 12–14, ages 15–17, and ages 18–24, to potentially place in Platinum, Gold, or Silver categories for the opportunity to receive a variety of prizes. Winning submissions will earn gift card awards sponsored by San Diego County Credit Union with $1,200 awarded to the Platinum challenge winner.
Participants from three groups may submit an entry from any one of the following choices:
- Reel Talk — Create a 15- to 60-second video responding to one of the following questions:
- “Why is getting vaccinated for COVID-19 important to you?”
- “What are you most excited to get back to after you’re fully vaccinated?
- Vax Facts — Create/design a visual art piece highlighting at least one fact about COVID-19 vaccines (For example: a painting, meme, poster, handout, flyer, or infographic)
- Beyond the Shot — Create a 15- to 60-second video or visual art piece that showcases a positive impact made possible because of the vaccine.
The submission period is open through 11:59 p.m. on June 14. Only one submission per participant.
The County of San Diego is looking for positive messages and visuals to share with other youth and young adults. Judging criteria includes accuracy of information, appeal to youth, originality, creativity, message, and inspiration.
Visit Coronavirus-SD.com/Challenge to learn more and get started.