SDCOE's Integrated Technology Services (ITS) division has made some organizational changes to better and more efficiently serve schools and districts.
"Feedback from district stakeholders and internal process improvement exercises highlighted the need to rethink how SDCOE's technical support is delivered," said Terry Loftus, SDCOE's assistant superintendent for integrated technology. "Our focus on building value and improving existing services will be core to our new strategy."
The division is made up of five departments: ITS Services and Solutions, Enterprise Applications, Enterprise Project Management, Media and Creative Services, and Infrastructure and Operations.
- The Services and Solutions department will serve as a one-stop shop for support related to PeopleSoft, Student Information Systems, and California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System.
- The Enterprise Applications department combines the application programming talents of both the PeopleSoft and traditional web programming development teams with the database management and business intelligence groups.
- The Enterprise Project Management department will leverage project management resources to ensure consistent development and deployment processes for all ITS projects.
- The Media and Creative Services team provides support for all video production, graphic design and reproduction, and audio-visual services.
- The Infrastructure and Operations department serves districts with cybersecurity, network services, data center services, and infrastructure.
Many of these structural changes have already occurred, but some are still progress. All are expected to be completed by the end of the September.