JCCS Pupil Services
The Juvenile Court and Community Schools Pupil Services program provides guidance support services to students who attend the court and community schools. The services focus on five major areas:
- Student transition to and from the various programs.
- Student records and transcripts.
- College and scholarship information.
- Assessment: The development of an assessment system for academic achievement and self-esteem for the Juvenile Court and Community Schools program.
- Staff development of pupil services activities.
The program provides equal access to all educational, personal, social, and career opportunities available through the school and its support elements. It's developmental in content and process, preventative in scope, and provides for planned intervention in all areas of the student environment. Counseling and pupil services are major components of the educational program and its management. The guidance delivery system includes educational, personal, social, and career development services. Pupil services are carefully integrated with classroom instruction in all programs. The guidance program is structured to facilitate communication, decision-making, and problem solving.