Diego County has received The Quality Counts California (QCC) Workforce
Pathways Grant from the California Department of Education (CDE). This
grant will provide stipends to the Early Learning and Care (ELC) workforce that
provide care for children 0-5 years of age in a San Diego County who receive
state funding. The lead agency for this grant is The San Diego County
Office of Education (SDCOE). SDCOE will collaborate with YMCA Childcare
Resource Service (CRS) to process applications and stipends.
Participants who apply to the program and will self-select ONE option, either  professional development, OR  higher education as their goal area.
- Participants that choose professional development and complete program requirements that are part of their professional development/ growth plan may be eligible to earn one of the following stipends:
- $315 for completing 21 professional development hours, or
- $240 for completing 16 CCDF Health and Safety Training hours
- Participants that choose higher education and complete program requirements with a grade of "C" or better (from a regionally accredited college or university) that are part of their professional development/ growth or education plan may be eligible to earn one of the following stipends:
- $675 per 3 semester-unit course up to 6 units, or
- $600 per 4 quarter-unit course up to 8 quarter units
Participants that choose higher education and receive a stipend for completing units are also eligible to receive an additional:
- $100 to those who receive an AA within the program year
- $200 to those who receive a BA within the program year
Eligibility Criteria to be Accepted into the Stipend Program:Eligible participants are providers who:
- Serve children 0-5 years of age within San Diego County
- Serve children on one of the following subsidies in early learning and care settings:
- California State Preschool Program (CSPP)
- General Child Care (CCTR)
- Alternative Payment Program (CAPP)
- Family Child Care Home Education Networks (CFCC)
- Migrant Alternative Payment Program (CMAP)
- CalWORKs Stages 1, 2, and 3 (C1AP, C2AP, and C3AP)
- Tribal Child Care program
Required Criteria to Receive a Stipend:
|Criteria||Evidence ||Due Date |
|Complete the QCC Workforce Development Stipend Pre-Survey ||Submission of survey within 2 weeks of meeting with the Workforce Stipend Advisor – link will be provided by email||2 weeks from time of contact|
|Complete and receive approval of a Professional Development/Growth Plan or an Education Plan||Signed plan uploaded into the Workforce Registry within 2 weeks of meeting with the Workforce Stipend Advisor ||2 weeks from time of contact|
Use Form W-9 to provide YMCA CRS current information to receive a stipend.
|W-9 Form – available here: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-9 ||May 1, 2021|
|Maintain employment within the early learning and care setting for at least 9 months between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.||Employment Verification Form – will be available April 1, 2021||May 1, 2021|
Complete the QCC Workforce Development Stipend Post Survey.
|Submission of survey – link will be provided by email ||May 30, 2021|
|Complete approved professional development or college units (with a 'C' or better in an accredited college or university) between July 1, 2020 and June 15, 2021.||Transcripts or Professional Development Certificate ||June 15, 2021|
Application for Participation
who wish to apply for this stipend should use the CA ECE Workforce Registry
website. All information will be made available on the CA ECE Workforce
Registry Website: https://caregistry.org/.
- Log-in to your WFR account or Create a Profile
- Click on the Stipends & Pathways menu option
- Select Application (the website will guide the process from there)
Application Due Date: November 15, 2020.
If accepted, candidates will receive an email or letter that provides confirmation of eligibility to engage in the stipend program, as well as their program advisor's contact information and office hours.
This stipend program requires advisement in the following areas:
- Professional development/ growth or education plan
- Professional development offerings
- Child development permit matrix
- Financial supports
Eligible participants will receive payment of stipend upon completion and submission of all required criteria. YMCA CRS will be responsible for the distribution of the stipend payments.
If you have questions, please contact Adilene Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or