17th Annual Early Years Conference
Integrating STEAM into the Early Childhood Education Setting
Mark your calendar for March 6 and March 7, 2020 to join in the 17th annual Early Years Conference at San Diego's Handlery Hotel. The theme for the 2020 conference is Integrating STEAM into the Early Childhood Education Setting.
The conference targets early care and education professionals serving children from infancy through kindergarten, in center-based, school district, and family child care settings.
This conference strives to:
- Equip the workforce to prepare developmentally appropriate, inclusive and culturally sensitive approaches in science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM).
- Promote and increase awareness of the importance of introducing STEAM education in early childhood (Birth to 5).
- Build the understanding that young children have the intellectual capacity to develop higher order thinking skills and knowledge through innovative and creative experiences.
- Engage members of the San Diego community in STEAM education through study, dialogue and conversations about the latest developments in early childhood STEAM education research and practice.
- Promote school readiness for preschool children that will support a smooth transition to elementary school and provide a foundation for further STEAM learning.
This two-day professional learning event for Early Learning Educators and Family Child Care providers working with children from birth to five is presented by the San Diego County Office of Education's (SDCOE) Early Education Programs and Services department. Presenters can submit request for proposal below. Information about registration options are coming soon.
950 Hotel Circle N., San Diego, CA 92108
Friday, March 6, 2020
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Last year's conference brought together over 700 early education educators, practitioners and supporters that are committed to quality improvement through professional development. The conference featured 45 presentations to inspire and equip attendees with the tools needed to consider all aspects of equity.