Here are some ideas for raising money to send children at your school to Cuyamaca Outdoor School or bring one of the outreach programs to your campus. The San Diego County Office of Education doesn't endorse any specific company or activity.
Ralphs Community Contribution Program
Ralphs offers 4-5% rebates on all purchases made with Ralphs Club Cards. To get involved, schools must enroll by calling 1-800-443-4438 for an application packet.
Joe's Crab Shack Adopt-a-School Program—for more information email CSalway@joescs.com
Schools have also reported success with the following fundraisers:
- Spaghetti dinner (local restaurants donate the food and kids serve)
- Coupon/Value/Entertainment books
- Candy sales
- Magazine sales
- Ice cream sales
- School dances/Father-daughter dance
- Movie night
- Jamba Juice
- Carl’s Jr.
- 6th Grade Camp cook book
- 6th Grade Camp DVD
- Memory DVD sold at 6th Grade graduation with pre-orders in September or October
- Recyclables collection
- Environmental clean-up day (empty lot/parking/community area)
- Read-a-thon (students pledge to give up video games for a day and come to school to read)