Classroom Teacher Guide to Cuyamaca Outdoor School Activities and Procedures
- Under revision - will be reposted soon
Cuyamaca Outdoor School Curriculum includes:
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) concepts, including biology, botany, geology, meteorology, and astronomy
- Students participate as real scientists through a collaboration with UC Riverside
- Outdoor skills and Native American traditions
- Self-esteem and character development through team building, conflict resolution, etc.
Results of AB1330 Study: Effects of Outdoor Education Programs on Children in California
University Credits Available
Teachers, you can now earn four semester units of university credit from Brandman University for participating in the Outdoor Education Program.
The course offers educators and related personnel the opportunity to university credits, while participating in the five-day, four-night residential Outdoor School Program of the San Diego County Office of Education with their sixth-grade students by learning principles, practicing strategies, and developing competencies for delivery of instruction in outdoor education with emphasis on environmental education and social growth.
The tuition cost of the course (for credit) is $280.00.
Please contact Greg Schuett, Principal at Cuyamaca Outdoor School for more information.
Registration form (PDF)