Barbara Higgins, Director, Safety and Student Engagement
- Leads the Safety and Student Engagement unit.
- Provides training and technical support on the following topics: 504 Plans, Annual Notification of Parents, Appeals to SD County Board of Education, Attendance, Countywide Plan for Serving Expelled Students, Crisis Intervention Teams, Enrollment, Expulsion, Home School, Interdistrict Transfer, Intradistrict School Choice, Records, Residency, Safety, SARB - School Attendance Review Board, Suspension, Threat Assessment Teams and general support for questions related to child welfare and attendance / student services.
Jim Crittenden, Program Specialist
Sal Garcia, Project Specialist
- Provides training and/or technical support on the following topics: Cyberbullying/Bullying, Youth Digital Trends, Digital Citizenship, Friday Night Live, Strength Finders, Youth Development, Youth Conferences.
Mara Madrigal Weiss, Director, Student Wellness and Positive School Climate
Violeta Mora, Project Specialist
Heather Nemour, Project Specialist
- Provides training and/or technical support on the following topics: Building Asset Based Relationships with Youth, Family Engagement, Mental Health First Aid (Youth), Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support, School Wide Information System for PBIS
Jenée Peevy, Program Specialist
- Provides training and/or technical support on the following topics: Mentoring for Students At-Risk of School Failure, Restorative Practices, SARB - School Attendance Review Board, SART - School Attendance Review Teams, Social Work Interns
Corinne McCarthy, Program Specialist, School Nursing
- Provides training and/or technical support on the following topics, including but not limited to: Student Health Concerns & Health Plans, Student Mental Health and Well-Being, Mandated Health Screenings, Immunizations, see Health Services (School) for more information
Daymon Beach, Senior Manager
Lisa Davis, Project Specialist
- Provides training and/or technical support on the following topics: Grant and Fiscal Management for the ASSETs.
Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program and Homeless Education Services
619-683-9340, ext. 33033
Michelle Bailow, Tutor Connection Program Supervisor
619-683-9340, ext. 33025
Susie Terry, Project Specialist - Homeless Education Services
619-683-9340, ext. 33030
Susan Jeremiah, Administrative Assistant I
619-683-9340, ext. 33016