The Program Specialist of School Nursing provides countywide school-nursing leadership, consultation, and direction for implementation and development of coordinated school health programs. Services include:
- Providing local school nurses and other agencies with updated research and current information on school health issues.
- Serving as liaison and resource in school nursing and school health program areas for local school health providers and policy setting groups in collaboration with other county consultants.
- Supporting outreach to and enrollment of uninsured students and their families with other agencies, healthcare organizations, and school districts.
- Collaborating with school nurse leaders from all school districts within San Diego County to establish standards and protocols for student health care.
- Conducting monthly School Nurses Resource Group Meetings with local school nurse leaders to provide factual and timely information and develop standards and protocols for school health practice.
- Serving as a resource to small school districts to increase access to health-related information, services, and health care providers.
Continuing Educational Opportunities
School Nurses Orientation and Review (SNOR)
School Nurses Resource Group