The Student Attendance, Safety, and Well-Being Unit provide leadership and support services to school districts participating in the Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE) programs. For more info click here.
- Provide technical assistance and support to districts writing TUPE grants for grades 6-12.
- Offer workshops for students and staff in tobacco prevention and advocacy, aiming to encourage participation in schools as community prevention efforts.
- Research science-based tobacco prevention curricula and offering training in select programs.
- Conduct site visits to ensure that district programs are aligned with program requirements.
- Providing certification of district compliance with tobacco-free workplace requirements.
Workshops & Resources